Phd students and young researchers from all German robotics labs are cordially invited to present their recent work at the DGR-days 2016 in Leipzig, June 29-30, 2016
The DGR-Days are the annual meeting of the German robotics community, aiming to foster a visible and interdisciplinary forum for robotics in Germany. Researchers from robotics, AI, cognitive science, psychology, neuroscience, and other related disciplines as well as representatives from industry are invited to participate in order to share advances, spark new ideas and collaborations, and discuss challenges. As such the DGR-days foster the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research throughout Germany.
This year, young researchers in robotics will have the opportunity to present their work. The single-track format of DGR-days as well as heterogeneous research topics in every session allow for a unique opportunity of feedback from diverse expert views on the participants’ current research. Young researchers can gain experience at presenting their work in English in a supportive scientific environment, and obtain constructive feedback on the technical content of the work as well as how to present the work and other related topics.
To maximize diversity we generally aim to have presentations (oral and interactive) from a large number of different labs, rather than many presentations from the same lab. Participation of several members from the same lab is, of course, more than welcome!
How to submit a contribution?
Submissions must be prepared with the DGR LaTeX-Template provided here. Your proposal for contribution should include the following information
- Name and status (e.g. years of PhD study, postdoc, group leader, …)
- Supervisor’s name
- Name and Location of the Lab
- Extended abstract (in English), consisting of about 1/2 to max. 1 full A4 page. The abstract must be prepared in consent with the supervisor and should include a) general motivation and problem definition, b) discussion of related work and c) own approach and contributions.
- Your contribution could be either
- an extended abstract for presentation or
- a propsoal for workshop or tutorial
- Please indicate, in case of a presentation, whether you prefer to give an oral or interactive presentation
- Please send your contribtion as pdf document via EasyChair.
After submission, if there are not sufficient time slots for all presentations, the organizers will select talk and poster presentations with the aim to maximize diversity, not only technical merit. Diversity refers to topics as well as labs. If there will be many submissions from the same lab we may contact the lab to help us select from them.
|22. May 2016||Submission deadline|
|15. May 2016||Early Registration opens|
|29. May||Notification of acceptance|
|12. June||Early registration ends|
We hope to see you in Leipzig on June 29-30!